Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Trip to the Renaissance Fair...

While visiting here in the Yuma Foothills Mr. How2 and I attended the Two Rivers Renaissance Faire. I haven't been to one in a very long time, longer than I have been a mother, in fact. But oh how I remember them fondly! When I saw the listing in the paper, I just had to go...
As Ren Fairs go, this one was tiny, but the entertainment was great! We had so much fun watching the interactive way the performers engage their audience. Every show was in some way a comedy, and nothing can compare to live action performances, even when a high wind interferes with the juggling act! The music was fun...

and who could resist a magician called "William the Completely Average" ?
There was colorful bird act...
and, of course, cute guys in tights, wielding swords...
I'll admit I was a little disappointed when we arrived, the ren fair I used to go to in Minnesota was huge, had permanent structures and ran for seven weeks out of the summer. I comparison this one was only a three day event and had makeshift stages and tents. But the same flair was there, if in smaller doses than I remember, and I spent the day with a huge grin on my face! Best $7 I have spent in a long time...Mr. How2 was stoic and amused, even when the juggler traded suggestive banter with me during his act! But, that is just part of the Renaissance Fair experience. If one comes to town in your area, give it a try. The food is usually good, their is always something interesting to see, where else can you buy and wear a flower wreath in your hair and hey, did I mention the cute guys in tights? Until next time...enjoy!

1 comment: