Monday, January 9, 2012

My First Inchie...

I have mentioned in previous posts that I am a member of an online Artist Trading Card Group, and that each month we choose a theme, and create three little pieces of art, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" and trade them with each other. Well, as I was learning about ATCs I came across mentions of "Inchies", same concept, but only, I know this sounds crazy, 1" x 1"! Very tiny, very challenging! Soon after, I learned of this site...


They host a weekly challenge to create an inchie based on a list of words. You make your inchie, post it in their Flickr group and then share it on their blog page.
Challenge accepted!
This is my first ever inchie, theme word is "city"...
It is amazing how quick these are to make, yet how difficult they are to get your message, or theme across with one square inch to work with. I had a lot of fun making this, and will try to keep up with the challenge...until next time...enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. I love your inchie. Do you like to be in the Every Inchie Monday list on the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trillian, I would love to be on the blog list, I thought I was, but I may have missed a step. I think I will have a lot of fun with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice start Sa! Well done and welcome to EIM! it is great fun. I hope ou enjoy it .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and detailed inchie! Great job especially since it's your first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great. For your first inchie, it's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your inchie. You're certainly finding tiny projects for your roam-about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like your layered Inchie. It's great!

    ReplyDelete