Monday, March 19, 2012

Garden Inchie for EIM...

Happy Spring!
Yes, I know, it is a bit too early for that, but the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and my cats are shedding, so...
Today I decided to get back to doing Every Inchie Monday. This week's theme is "Garden". I have let it slide for a few weeks now, but needed a break from my other tiny art that I am working on for the Art-0-mat project. Since I am currently trying to learn my way around Photoshop and Gimp, which are both digital editing programs, I thought it might be fun to try my inchie digitally. Above are the results, a hand painted background, and a graphic that was scanned and duplicated. I love the results, and this project was fairly simple to create. However, as I prepared to submit it to the group, I realized that they may not allow digital art, I mean really, the challenge is making such tiny art, and isn't it cheating to use the computer? I wasn't sure, so I sat down again and made another, in the more traditional cut and paste method...
I think both turned out cute, though the second one doesn't scan very clearly, because of the brad in the center of the flower. I will wait to hear back from the group, regarding digital art. Now I must get back to work, I am about 2/3 way through the required 50 pieces of art. I am getting faster as I go, and streamlining some of the process, but it is still hard work. I guess the garden clean-up will have to wait for the next sunny day. Until next time...enjoy.

10 comments:

  1. I like them both and I don't really have a problem with digital art. But I think you miss out on the challenge a bit if you just work on a keyboard and then print to size. I'd miss handling the bits if I did it that way.

    I like the way you used your ladybird - and I'd have drawn his legs back in with a fine pen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, MorningAJ, I really did miss the actual handling of the little bits. I am glad I went back and did the second one. Oh, and I had planned on drawing in the legs and just plain forgot! I have got to get more focused... Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both look great, Sally! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them, Janet. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Very nice job Sally. Welcome to the group. I have not seen your work before. I really like your inchies��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have posted before, rtquilter, but infrequently. I am trying to be more consistent, now that I am back home and in my studio again. I love making these little things!

      Delete
  5. Very beautiful inchies. I have nothing against digital art!!!! They are both very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ColourFly, I really love the detail you can get and the seamless clipping and pasting with digital, so I plan to continue to learn more. I have a lot to learn though, the programs are so complicated and most of the instructions assume prior knowledge. ?"add Alpha channel"? Huh?...But I am getting there...

      Delete
  6. I like both inchies.
    Like MorningAJ I also love working with my hands. So if you like to show a photo ore digital art I have no problem with it.
    Looking forward for your Dance inchie.
    Trillian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trillian, I really appreciate your comments. I am having a tough time with "dance" trying to think of a great way to depict it...hmmm Thanks for letting me play!

      Delete