Saturday, November 19, 2011

Art Every Day Month Day 19: My canvas order has arrived!

Today I thought I would share my early Christmas present with you. I decided to order a batch of canvas boards from Dick Blick. I found their Econo Canvas Panel 24 packs, and the prices seemed too good to be true. So I went ahead and ordered a couple in small sizes, just to see their quality. I am pleasantly surprised! They seem just as nice as any of the others, maybe the canvas is a little courser but with my collages, that isn't a problem. I ordered the 4" x 4", the 5" x 7", and the 8" x 10". The prices per bundle of 24 were respectively,  $ 2.87, $5.93 and $14.84. That is a whole lot of working surface for not much money! I will keep you posted on how well they hold up to water and glue...I also wanted to try a few landscape size boards, 4" x 8", and 6" x 12", which are not offered in the econo bundles, and came individually wrapped for $.43 and $.72. Still very reasonable prices. I replaced my long lost rubber brayer and am looking forward to playing with my new set of water soluble oil pastels! Not trying to make an ad for DB, but I think as artists we need to share our sources and experiences with each other! Enjoy...

4 comments:

  1. I bought some of those canvas panels, and they are still sitting here. Im not quite sure what to do with something that doesnt have a deep edge..lol. I also just got those same pastels, Ive played with them a bit, and really enjoyed them. Cant wait to see what you create!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your joy and your pain, sweet Sally! How absolutely FUN (64 font, bold, capital letters!!!) to get all those canvases in the mail ready to be fondled and adored! And the painful process of learning...that's pretty much what happened with my four canvases! Have fun with all your projects! And thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to check this dick guy out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep you posted, Kelley, on what I end up making. Janet, don't get too chummy with dick, he seems like a sweet guy, but he will send you to the poor house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Dick Blick! I received an order from him today as well. I didn't know about the great deals on the canvas. Thanks for sharing. I'm also going to have to check out those water soluble oil pastels. Happy collaging! :-)

    ReplyDelete