Monday, October 15, 2012

Leafing Out...

Welcome to Blogtoberfest Day 15!

 This weekend, I worked on the leaves and branches of my big painting. The leaves were blocked in first with a dark green and after they were dry, I used a lighter green to sweep a highlight on one side of each leaf. This looked pretty good, but not quite done, so I lightened that color up even a bit more with yellow, and dabbed another highlight over each of the first. At this point I was almost there, but not quite, so a bit of white, tinted with yellow was just the thing to give them a nice glow. The same multi-layered technique was used on the branches to give them some shape and depth and I began blocking in the olives with their base coat.
That's all I had time for over the last couple days...
Except to create my "ocean" inchie for Every Inchie Monday!
Until next time...enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors!! I keep rolling up to the "big painting." It's soothing and helps me to forget my sore throat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sunset at the beach! Love your ocean inchie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That owl is delightful! Lovely beach scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, would love to be on that beach to catch that sunset.

    ReplyDelete